The Chef Ambassador program, sponsored by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, connects Wisconsin Cheese and the state's legendary cheesemakers with the best chefs in the country. The program, now in its sixth year, includes 35 distinguished chefs.
The new ambassadors will cook with Wisconsin Cheese and develop innovative menu applications, some of which will be featured in their restaurants. They will also "spread the word" about Wisconsin's specialty and artisan cheesemakers to peers and patrons through a variety of activities. This year, the program has a uniquely Midwestern focus, ideal for the current class of chefs who are passionate about using local products on their menus.
The most recent ambassadors are:
- Steve Fiore Chiappetti, Viand, Chicago
- Sanford D'Amato, Sanford Restaurant and Coquette Café, Milwaukee
- Jason Gorman, Dream Dance, Milwaukee
- Ulrich Koberstein, Destination Kohler, Kohler, Wis.
- Christopher Koetke, CEC, CCE, The School of Culinary Arts, Kendall College, Chicago
- Jasper Mirabile Jr., Jasper's Italian Restaurant and Marco Polo's, Kansas City, Mo.
- Kristine Subido, Wave, Chicago