The American Lamb Board partnered with www.BostonChefs.com to host the third-annual Boston Lamb Jam, Feb. 19. Eighteen chefs competed for top honors and served luscious lamb tastes paired with Boston beer to judges and lamb-loving attendees. Chef Brian Alberg from The Red Lion Inn was named “Best in Show” by a panel of media judges for his Lamb Shoulder & Kale Meatballs with Farm Girl Farm Smoked Tomato Purée & Parmesan Crustade, and will go on to battle top chefs from San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C., at a Lamb Jam Masters competition at Savor the Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, Calif., in September.
“The energy and excitement surrounding Lamb Jam Boston grows stronger every year,” said Megan Wortman, executive director, American Lamb Board. “We are excited to have Brian join us for this year’s Lamb Jam Masters competition and wish him luck in the final round this fall.”
Alberg’s Best-in-Show dish, Lamb Shoulder & Kale Meatballs with Farm Girl Farm Smoked Tomato Purée & Parmesan Crustade.
- Overall “Best in Show”/Shoulder “Best in Show”: Red Lion Inn for the Lamb Shoulder & Kale Meatballs with Farm Girl Farm Smoked Tomato Purée & Parmesan Crustade
- “People’s Choice”: Oleana for Lebanese Style Lamb Crêpe with Harra Sauce, Crushed Walnuts, Cucumber & Pomegranate
- Leg “Best in Show”: Citizen Public House & Oyster Bar for Lamb Leg & Bone Marrow Polpettone with Bourbon Cherries
- Loin “Best in Show”: La Laiterie for Korean Lamb Reuben: Red Miso Cured Lamb Loin, Sauerruben, Gochujang 1000 Island and Smoked Emmentaler on a Semolina & Lamb Fat Roll
- Shank “Best in Show”: Russell House Tavern for Braised Lamb Shank Terrine, Caraway Brioche, Horseradish and Crispy Lamb Bacon
To view a complete list of participating chefs, breweries and winning recipes, visit www.FansofLambBoston.com.