Scholarship Chair, Jessica Bride, says "The Culinary Trust scholarship program is a one-stop-shop for people seeking financial aid for culinary school or professional development programs. It is rare to have so many incredible opportunities in one place." Scholarship selection is based on merit, foodservice work experience, culinary goals, skills and references.
In order to qualify:
- Applicants to vocational, associates or bachelors degree scholarships do not need to have foodservice experience unless required for admission to the program of study.
- Applicants to continuing education & advanced degree scholarships must have two-years of foodservice or related industry experience unless otherwise stated.
- Applicants to vocational, associates and bachelors degree and continuing education scholarships are required to submit a two-page essay (double-spaced) illustrating their culinary goals.
- Applicants to independent study scholarships will provide a project proposal in place of the essay.
- Applicants, who have been students at any time during the five-years prior to application, must have a 3.0 grade-point-average (GPA) or higher and provide a transcript.
- All applicants are required to submit two letters of professional reference on business or personal letterhead.
- Independent research scholarship applicants must submit a project proposal with a budget, tentative travel dates and current resume.
Visit The Culinary Trust's website at www.theculinarytrust.org to download the 2011-2012 Scholarship Program Listing & Application, or apply online at 2011-2012 Scholarship Application. Applications may also be received by contacting The Culinary Trust by mail at PO Box 273, New York, New York, 10013, by phone or fax at 646.224.6989, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.