The National Restaurant Association is accepting proposals for education sessions at the 2010 Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show and International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event (IWSB), to be held May 22 to 25 at McCormick Place in Chicago. The deadline is Dec. 4. Industry professionals may submit proposals for a single speaker or interactive panel discussions in five categories:
• Jobs and careers--including employee recruitment and retention, staff training, employee management and motivation;
• profitability and entrepreneurship--including cost control, research and insight, guest attraction and retention and marketing;
• Food and healthy living--including menu innovation, food safety and traceability, nutrition and sourcing;
• Sustainability and corporate responsibility--including recycling standards, water conservation and energy savings; and
• Technology--including online/electronic/mobile marketing, POS systems, inventory management and guest entertainment.
For more information or to submit proposals online, visit www.restaurant.org/show or www.winespiritsbeer.org.