During "Unite for a Bite," diners are invited to visit participating restaurants, which will donate 5 percent or more of their food and beverage sales from that day to WCR. Following this year's "Unite for a Bite," WCR will work with Susan Spicer, a longtime WCR member and chef/owner of Bayona and the recently opened Mondo, who sits on Gulf Restoration Network's board of directors. Spicer will assist in directing raised funds to benefit foodservice operations nationwide that are impacted by declines in tourism and fresh seafood as a result of the oil disaster.
WCR member restaurants and partners participating in "Unite for a Bite" include:
- American Roland Food Corp., New York
- Argia's Italian Restaurant, Falls Church, Va.
- Bacchanalia, Atlanta
- Boat House Waterfront Dining , Tiverton, R.I.
- Club 223, Hallowell, Maine
- CommonWealth Gastropub, Washington, D.C.
- Diane Gordon Catering, New York
- Hank's Oyster Bar, Washington, D.C.
- Hank's Oyster Bar Old Town, Alexandria, Va.
- Hemenway's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, Providence, R.I.
- Laurey's Catering & Gourmet to Go, Asheville, N.C.
- New Rivers, Providence, R.I.
- Pizzeria Paradiso, Washington, D.C.
- PS 7, Washington, D.C.
- R Bistro, Indianapolis
- Sunset Grill, Sanibel, Fla.
- Tallulah on Thames, Providence, R.I.