The California Raisin Marketing Board’s (CRMB) fifth-annual America’s Best Raisin Bread Contest is now open, and all industry professionals and student bakers are encouraged to enter their most mouthwatering masterpieces in one or all of the three categories of this competition: Artisan, Commercial and Breakfast.
All eligible contestants are:
- Bakers and research & development staff of commercial baking companies
- Craft bakers and retail shop owners/managers
- Certified baking teachers
- Students in accredited baking programs
- Bakery technicians at bakery supply wholesalers, flour milling companies and other allied bakery ingredient suppliers
- 18 years or older
Luminita Cirstea was a recent co-grand-prize winner in “America’s Best Raisin Bread Contest” thanks to her entry, Raisin Rye Bread.
Winners will be selected based on their formula’s taste, appearance, originality and value. The California Raisin Marketing Board seeks to encourage the use of healthy ingredients. Formulas that feature 100% whole grains and/or gluten-free ingredients will be awarded in each division.
In addition to industry-wide recognition, winning bakers will receive a five-day California educational vacation with visits to The Culinary Institute of America and Yosemite National Park.