The board members are (pictured from l to r):
- Christopher Koetke, The School of Culinary Arts at Kendall College, Chicago
- Patrick Hannan, Chartwells Higher Education (C&U-Compass), Middleton, Idaho
- Larry Posen, CCC, FMP, CCP, CFE, Purdue University-Calumet, Hammond, Ind.
- Lenny Scranton, CEC, Morrison Healthcare, Atlanta
- Airis N. Johnson, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, New York City
- Shawn Hoch, Washington State University, Pullman
- David Peake, Peake of Catering, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Stephen Bulgarelli, O'Charley's Inc., Nashville, Tenn.
- Dave Woolley, Red Robin, Castle Rock, Colo.
- Lori Estrada, Wendy's, Dublin, Ohio
- Kurt Pfister, Compass Group, Elmhurst, Ill.
- Mark Hill, CEC, Simplot
- Dianna Fricke, CRC, Simplot
The inaugural meeting of the board was held in January in Sun Valley, Idaho. The meeting featured guest speaker Grant Achatz, famed chef of Alinea in Chicago. Achatz shared his inspiring story and provided tips for staying successful in economically challenging times. He also spoke about the need to create a personal dining experience for each customer and to connect with each one on an emotional level.
Future meetings will also consist of roundtable discussions, brainstorming sessions and presentations of industry trends where foodservice operators can identify opportunities for growth. For more information, visit www.simplotfoods.com.